Sunday, May 18, 2008

MINI UPDATE -- In Sydney Now

Monday, May 19th.
I actually have a post wrapping up Brisbane, but its on the laptop and I am currently using the New South Wales Library free internet. God bless libraries.

Chris and I are in Sydney now, we flew in yesterday afternoon and checked into a Holiday Inn at Pott's point, then hit the town to see Sydney Harbour by night. We saw it from the air coming in, and no matter how many times, or under what conditions you see it, it's a sight to behold.

After a great meal at the historic Observor Hotel (which is no longer an actual hotel) we caught a film on the Circular Quay at a Dendy (Australia's premier arthouse theater chain.) The film was The Counterfeiters, winner of best foreign language Oscar this year, and it was an incredible film. So my first film in a foreign country was a foriegn langauge film, only the language was German.

We'll be heading down to the harbour again later, probably taking on the bridge and maybe the maritime museum or some such. There is so much to do in see in the city (it is totatlly geared towards tourism) and hopefully we can get over to Bondi tomorrow and at least see the beach, since it is chilly fall weather here at the moment.

Hope to post again soon. Cheers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm glad Sydney is such a cool place and it's exciting that you actually got to see a good movie! I was reading all of your other posts at work today and I thought you were kidding about the find for putting your feet on the seat. I suppose they value their cleanliness over there. Well, I hope you're taking lots of pictures and having lots of fun!!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I mean fine...

P.S. aCquire is spelled with a "c"